Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Eva Birthday

Eva told me she wanted a Ballerina birthday party this year, and I was left to figure out what exactly that means. Sooo... with the input of many people, I decided to have all the little girls come in dance clothes (they could borrow, too); and I (who never took dance in her life) gave a dance class where we practiced a dance we would give to the parents at the end of the party. I learned all my dance moves from a game we have, called Angelina Ballerina. We started with the class, and then had a lunch of Eva's favorites; hot dogs, sunchips, carrots and ranch, some strawberries, and juice boxes. Then we played some dancing games, and ate her "ballerina" birthday cake. Then parents showed up, and we gave them our performance on a makeshift 'stage' in the backyard under a tent. It was really windy and didn't go as I wanted, we had set up the tent and used dollar tableclothes as a 'curtains' for the stage, but wind won. I think she had fun, and so did the girls, and that was my party with the least amount of planning, and it went the best. Whew!


The birthday girl..
The birthday cake...

The dance class...

The performance..

No comments: