Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bella's Birthday

Isabel wanted a tea party birthday this year, I checked into a local tea party birthday place, and decided a home tea party would be more in the budget. (seriously if you are looking for a business to fleece.. I mean to go into, girls birthday parties are it!) Anywho, I got some really great ideas from my sister in law Brit, and she was also kind enough to save some things she had used from her daughters party. Sooo, using the colors lime green, and hot pink, we used plastic table clothes from the dollar store to cover a table put down low for the kids chairs. We also covered the kids chairs with cut pieces of the table cloth, and tied them with tulle. As a center piece we used a green dessert server from Brit, and placed pink cupcakes, and green mint brownies on it. Then I made tiny rolls, using my aunt Jeanne's bread recipe (thanks aunt Jeanne), and made lil' ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and tuna fish sandwiches. Then had a TINY lil ranch cup with tiny lil carrots, celery, and an olive. Then we had a lil bunch of grapes. Then they poured pink milk, and pink lemonade themselves from the tea pots Grandma Spencer found for the occasion. Abuelitos Becerra made the AWESOMEST tea pot pinata, it was almost a shame to let the kids hit it! And for the finale, I made a tea pot cake, it didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, but I think she liked it and will remember it!



The Birthday girl...






The Pinata...








The cake...





The table...



The friends...


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, I love the teapot idea! The pictures with the girls all around the table is great. You can feel their excitement.

Tara Fisher said...

Do you think I am too old to have a tea party for my birthday?