Friday, July 31, 2009

Eva's birthday dinner - May

For our girls birthdays we try to make a special dinner where they get to request what we eat, and we invite ou grandparents over, and open family gifts.
Eva requested chicken, potatoes, and peas.
I made chicken cordon blue, steamed snap peas, steamed carrots, and mashed potatoes.
However, she told me that I'd made the wrong kind of peas she wanted the 'ball' peas (shelled).
We had my parents over, I think she was happy with it overall.
Dinner!
Making a wish!
She had been asking me to make a "rainbow' cake for almost two months before her birthday, I got the idea for this cake from my sister Heathers blog. It turned out better than I anticipated. The frosting job was a bit wanting, but it tasted good; it was cream cheese frosting.

You use a white cake mix, mix as normal, and add food coloring to the batter in seperate bowls and layer the colors in the pan. Pretty.

No comments: